I never knew about makeup primers until I had my wedding almost two years ago. When I was looking for makeup that I could use for my wedding, I don’t have any idea what I need to get. Well, maybe, just a bit of an idea. Like I need foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick.
When I went over the stall of Majolica Majorca in SM Makati, that was when the saleslady told me that I need to apply a makeup primer before any other makeup product. I was like “Huh? Primer? What’s that?” There goes the Makeup 101 lesson I had at the said department store that day.
To help you understand more how important a makeup primer is, I listed down the benefits that it could give for you (the list below is based on this Inquirer article and this beauty advice from totalbeauty.com):
- If you have oily skin, a makeup primer could be your best friend. It works on minimizing the oiliness in your face.
- Your makeup could be prevented from melting or streaking especially during a hot weather.
- It can serve as a skincare product as well since primers also have SPF (Sun Protection Factor) which can protect your skin from the sun. (This depends on your chosen primer, though. I think not all primers have SPF.)
- The foundation that you will use can easily glide without any traces of streaks since primers could give a velvety, silky finish on your skin.
- Since the foundation could glide easily on your skin and the makeup can be prevented from melting, you will look flawless for longer.
- Noticeable pores could be hidden by a primer.
As of now, there is only one makeup primer that I have tried and that is the Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover.
Product Description (from the Majolica Majorca website):
A makeup base that thoroughly covers pores for porcelain doll skin.
Since it did a good job in making my makeup last during my wedding, I decided to repurchase this product. Here is a photo of the packaging. It is in a tube so you could easily dispense the product.