I was never a fan of contouring. I tried doing it but I still think that it is not for me. Well, I just found out that there is a new (but not really that new) makeup trend which I like more. It is called “strobing” .
“Strobing? What is that?”
Strobing is the opposite of contouring. Instead of using dark shades of makeup to sculpt your face, you use shimmery products to illuminate your features and give you a natural glow. To make it easier for you, it is the same as highlighting. However, with strobing, it gives the look of having luminous skin that comes from within. This makeup technique makes you look more youthful and radiant.
How did I find out about strobing? I received a newsletter email from Glamourbox about Strobing 101. Let me share it with you… 😀
You could also refer to this tutorial as well. 😀
How do I achieve my own fresh, clean look? Super easy! 😀
But first, let me show you two contrasting looks that are equally beautiful.
a fresh, dewy finish – This look is achieved by using a BB Cream.
Park Shin Hye
(picture taken from the KDrama Stars website)
a clean, matte finish – This look is achieved by using a matte powder.
(picture taken from the Superdrug Look at Me website)
I love water. It is the first thing that I look for whenever I am thirsty. I know that, for some people, they prefer drinking soda or iced tea. Well, not for me. I feel uncomfortable if I cannot easily get a glass of water at anytime of the day. That is how much I need it.
I did some research on how much water we really need in a day. There are some who suggest that we have to drink eight glasses of water daily. There are some who say that we need more and some even less. Quite confusing, I know.
(picture taken from the Pouted website)
What can water actually do for you? Here are the some of the reasons that I got from the Dr. Catherine Price Acupuncture website:
- makes your skin youthful and hydrated
- a natural stress reliever
- helps burn fat (for losing weight) and builds healthy muscle (due to oxygen)
- boosts mood and brain power
- lubricates joints and cartilages for healthy joint movement
- regulates body temperature
- helps to protect body organs and tissues
- carries nutrients and oxygen inside the body
- helps the body heal faster when sick and when undergoing treatments
… and so much more… 😀
(picture taken from the beauty.about.com website)
So, how much water can I drink in one day? I can actually go beyond eight glasses. That is not even forcing myself to go beyond the said number. It is just natural for me. Some friends of mine were so shocked when I told them that I drink lots of water. They cannot even imagine drinking that much. Well, maybe because I seldom drink other beverages. Though, of course, I replace my one glass of water if I intend to drink a bottle of fruit juice (or other beverages for that instance).
If you feel like you cannot do it but you are decided to start drinking eight glasses of water daily from now on, this is how I suggest you can start achieving that:
- Drink a glass of water upon waking up in the morning. (That’s one.)
- Drink half of the glass before eating your breakfast.
- Drink the other half after eating your breakfast. (That’s two.)
- Drink water before going to your workplace (or to school). (That’s three.)
- Drink water when you get to your workplace (or to school). (That’s four.)
- Drink half of the glass before eating your lunch.
- Drink the other half after eating your lunch. (That’s five.)
- Drink water after two or three hours along with a snack, if you wish. (That’s six.)
- Drink water when you get home. (That’s seven.)
- Drink half of the glass before eating your dinner.
- Drink the other half after eating your dinner. (That’s eight.)
Feasible, right? 😀 If you still think that you cannot do it, try it in lesser quantities. You can use a cup instead of the glass. Also, get rid of the soda and the iced tea. Seriously, you cannot get the eight glasses of water at the start if you are having your intake of other beverages.
There you go! 😀 Let us all get into the “drinking water” habit! 😉
It is just yesterday that I found out that there is a food stall (also known as “jollijeep”) near my workplace that sells a bottle of “Buko Juice” or internationally known as Coconut Water. I just planned to buy something to eat before going to work because I did not have my breakfast yet. So, I approached one “jollijeep” and stood there to think of what to buy. There were several people buying as well and most of them added a bottle of coconut water along with their other orders. Some of them solely order that refreshing drink. My curiosity kicked in! I gave my order and I added the coconut water so I could try it as well.
Well… Yup! Good thing, I did! 😀
Here is how it looks like. It is mostly coconut water and there are a few pieces of soft coconut meat included. It is lightly sweet and can quench your thirst at an instant.
So, why did I feature coconut water here in my blog? Well, it has a lot of health and beauty benefits packed in one bottle. I did a bit of research and here is what I found out:
- Anti-aging >>> Has antioxidants that slows down our aging process
- For hydration >>> Contains 94% water and is very low in calories and sugar
- Natural source of vitamins and nutrients >>> Has calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, zinc, Vitamin C and Vitamins of B group
- Helps healthy weight loss >>> Boosts our metabolism and flushes out toxins from the body
- Skincare product >>> Can serve as your toner and moisturizer
- Skin treatment >>> Helps clear out blemishes and acne
- Hair treatment >>> Makes the hair soft and smooth prevents hair problems like itchy scalp and dandruff
(website sources: Beauty and Tips and Yahoo! Lifestyle India)
There you have it! There is nothing that you would not love with this super drink. Go ahead and try out a refreshing bottle of coconut water and be healthy and beautiful. 😀
Q & A for today!!! I will be answering an inquiry that was sent to me by Nins.
Hi! I was scrolling through your blog when I noticed that you’ve pretty much tried all of the powder foundations I’ve been wanting to try! It’s a shame they’re not as popular as their liquid counterparts. 😦
So my big sister recently gave me her old Etude House Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit and I.LOVE.IT. The only problem is that I’m running out of it and as much as I adore it, right now I just can’t bear to shell out 800+ for makeup. Which is why I have to ask, is there a sort of ‘dupe’ for this product that isn’t quite as expensive, but provides the same, silky, natural-looking finish? I’ve been looking at products from ZA, FS, and Avon but I just can’t decide. 😦 I need your help!
Anyway, I’m really happy I found your blog! I really like reading reviews of products I’ve been comparing from just one blogger because at least your preferences are the same across all the products you’ve tried.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Hi, Nins! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! 😀
I also like the Etude House Precious Mineral BB Compact Bright Fit. However, considering that this can be a bit pricey, I could recommend other products that can give you the same nice effect on your skin. These are all below Php400 and I assure you that they are all worth trying. 😉
Among all the makeup products that we use, mascaras have the shortest lifespan. You would need to discard them when they reached three months of usage. However, I believe that you (just like me 😉 ) would want to make your mascaras last longer. Of course, you would not want to keep on buying mascaras every three months. So, how could we make our mascaras prolong their lifespan? Easy… 😀
I found an interesting video from the BDJ Box website on how to maximize the use of mascaras. Watch it here… 😀
An interesting article link has been emailed to me by Jackie Samoraj, the Community Outreach Manager of Home Shopping Network (HSN), regarding the 4 Overnight Beauty Products You Should Be Using written by Carly Woods. Although it is recommended that you get enough sleep at night, there are certain circumstances wherein you won’t be able to get that eight hours of precious sleep. With that, your skin gets affected because it is when sleeping that our skin heals and repairs itself. It is stated in that article that there are four essential products that would help ensure that your skin is well taken care of even if you are getting less than eight hours of sleep. These are:
- Facial serum
- Face oil
- Eye cream
To elaborate more on this list, I would like to share with you the skincare routine that I follow before getting that precious sleep at night. 😉
Remember this previous post that I published wherein I stated that I will stick to a simple skincare routine? Well, I think I am currently leaning towards following the more complicated skincare routine rather than the simple one. It gives more benefits in the long run and it preps my skin for the next day. So, here are the products that I use along with my list of product recommendations:
- Makeup remover – It does not matter what type of makeup remover you use as long as it can effectively remove your makeup. I have already tried several types:
- Facial foam/cleanser – After removing your makeup, follow it up with a gentle facial foam/cleanser to ensure that all traces of makeup (even the previously used makeup remover) have been removed.
- Softener or Toner – A softener prepares the skin to receive all the benefits that you will get from the next products that you will use. For some, they would opt for a toner that would restore the skin’s pH balance and that would make the skin fresher and smoother. It depends on your preference which of the products you would like to use.
- Eye cream – Eyes show the first signs of aging. To prolong youthfulness and to give a special TLC treatment for your eyes, use an eye cream.
- Facial serum – For skin problems like wrinkles and dark spots and even prevention of having them, a facial serum could help.
- Moisturizer – To keep your skin hydrated, smooth and supple, use a moisturizer.
- Lip Balm – Of course, don’t forget your lips as they tend to get easily chapped when it gets dry.
In addition to the list above, I also use the following products for twice or thrice a week.
- Facial scrub – Exfoliation is also important for the skin. Just make sure that you use a gentle facial scrub. It should NOT hurt or scratch your skin when you use it.
- Facial mask – Use facial masks to relax and de-stress your skin.
Tedious? Well, at first… Now, I can say that these are all important. I suggest that you try them too. If my list is too complicated for you, you might want to try Carly’s list first. 😀
By the way, you might also want to check the skincare products available in the HSN website. They have a wide variety of products you could choose from to address your skin’s specific needs. 😀