An interesting article link has been emailed to me by Jackie Samoraj, the Community Outreach Manager of Home Shopping Network (HSN), regarding the 4 Overnight Beauty Products You Should Be Using written by Carly Woods. Although it is recommended that you get enough sleep at night, there are certain circumstances wherein you won’t be able to get that eight hours of precious sleep. With that, your skin gets affected because it is when sleeping that our skin heals and repairs itself. It is stated in that article that there are four essential products that would help ensure that your skin is well taken care of even if you are getting less than eight hours of sleep. These are:
- Facial serum
- Face oil
- Eye cream
To elaborate more on this list, I would like to share with you the skincare routine that I follow before getting that precious sleep at night. 😉
Remember this previous post that I published wherein I stated that I will stick to a simple skincare routine? Well, I think I am currently leaning towards following the more complicated skincare routine rather than the simple one. It gives more benefits in the long run and it preps my skin for the next day. So, here are the products that I use along with my list of product recommendations:
- Makeup remover – It does not matter what type of makeup remover you use as long as it can effectively remove your makeup. I have already tried several types:
- Facial foam/cleanser – After removing your makeup, follow it up with a gentle facial foam/cleanser to ensure that all traces of makeup (even the previously used makeup remover) have been removed.
- Softener or Toner – A softener prepares the skin to receive all the benefits that you will get from the next products that you will use. For some, they would opt for a toner that would restore the skin’s pH balance and that would make the skin fresher and smoother. It depends on your preference which of the products you would like to use.
- Eye cream – Eyes show the first signs of aging. To prolong youthfulness and to give a special TLC treatment for your eyes, use an eye cream.
- Facial serum – For skin problems like wrinkles and dark spots and even prevention of having them, a facial serum could help.
- Moisturizer – To keep your skin hydrated, smooth and supple, use a moisturizer.
- Lip Balm – Of course, don’t forget your lips as they tend to get easily chapped when it gets dry.
In addition to the list above, I also use the following products for twice or thrice a week.
- Facial scrub – Exfoliation is also important for the skin. Just make sure that you use a gentle facial scrub. It should NOT hurt or scratch your skin when you use it.
- Facial mask – Use facial masks to relax and de-stress your skin.
Tedious? Well, at first… Now, I can say that these are all important. I suggest that you try them too. If my list is too complicated for you, you might want to try Carly’s list first. 😀
By the way, you might also want to check the skincare products available in the HSN website. They have a wide variety of products you could choose from to address your skin’s specific needs. 😀