It took me some time to publish a review on this because at first, I thought it does not work well on me. I really wanted to like this product but it cakes on me after a few hours. I had already prepared a review on this but I just did not pursue on publishing it yet. Thank goodness I did that! Why? If you have dry skin or you have a combination skin type (which is my skin type), you will need to moisturize first before using this correcting powder. I shared with you in this post that I just had my moisturizer and I purchased this powder last month (as featured in this post). For that long, I had been having a love-hate relationship on this product. Haha! 😛 It is all because I did not prioritize moisturizing at that time. Oh, so wrong!!!
Here is my Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural. 😀
(front – lid of the packaging opened)
You can see in there that this powder has four different colors: pink, green, yellow and the actual color of the powder (creamy natural).
Product Description (taken from the Physicians Formula website):
- 3-In-1 Corrector + Primer + Powder
- Versatile powder color corrects the most common skin imperfections, smoothes skin texture and evens out skin tone.
- All colors blend together to create a perfect canvas finish: Pink brightens, Green tones down redness and Yellow adds warmth.
- High-tech Japanese formula delivers a natural-looking finish that won’t cake, crease or settle into fine lines.
Product Claims (taken from the Physicians Formula website):
- Hypoallergenic, fragrance free, paraben free, dermatologist approved, non-comedogenic
Directions (taken from the Physicians Formula website)
- May be worn alone or over makeup. Brush on powder evenly over face and neck to even out skin tone with a perfect canvas finish. For best results on dry to very dry skin, apply moisturizer prior to using powder.
*I just have to place the “Directions” in this post so as to give emphasis on the use of moisturizer before putting on this powder. :D*
Here are more details printed on the back part of the box of this product.
When you flip up the powder, you will see the mirror and brush included in the packaging.
Again, like my Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush, I prefer not to use the mirror and brush included. I use a separate mirror when applying this powder on my face. Just imagine the hassle of getting some product then flipping up the powder to use the mirror. You do it for several times and it is so time-consuming. 😦
Here is the brush included in the product. It has cute colors corresponding to the correcting colors of the powder.
However, I don’t use this brush. I prefer to use my clean ring finger in applying the powder on my face. It is just like what you would normally do when you apply your typical makeup primer. It is advisable that when you use your finger to put on makeup, you use the ring finger. This is because the ring finger has the lightest touch. It would make your makeup more natural and the skin on your face would not be dragged with so much force as compared to the other fingers that we have.
Here are the swatches of this correcting powder.
- first picture: green swatch (tones down redness)
- second picture: pink swatch (brightens)
- third picture: yellow swatch (adds warmth)
Here is the swatch of the correcting powder when you swirl your finger over all the colors of the powder.
Below are pictures of how I use my Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural.
- first picture: my skin after applying toner and moisturizer
- second picture: my skin after applying the Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder in Creamy Natural
- third picture: my skin after applying powder foundation and setting powder
In the first picture, my pores are really visible. Eeek! Haha! 😛 I like the effect that the correcting powder gives (as you can see in the second picture). It really smoothens out the skin and my pores are less visible. Any redness that I had was toned down by the product. However, it made my skin whiter than my usual skin color. This is why, even if this product can be used alone, I won’t use this as a face powder. In the third picture, with the use of my powder foundation and setting powder, I am back to my normal skin color. Plus, my skin looks more smooth and flawless. Yey! 😀
It says that this is a 3-in-1 product. It is a corrector, primer and powder in one. I agree that it corrects any skin imperfections you have. I also agree with its capability as a primer. Applying my powder foundation was a breeze. I even tried it with a liquid foundation and it went well too. It can also keep your makeup flawless during the day with just a slight fading. As for the powder, I won’t use this alone as it makes my face too white.
This product is not locally available in our department stores. You might want to check online stores if you would like to purchase this powder. I saw in the Summer Charm website that they are selling this product. As for me, a friend of mine (Jean) bought this for me along with my Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush. She bought this powder for US$13.59 (approx. Php593 as of the July 9, 2013 FX Rate).
- corrects skin imperfections (the product is true based on its claims as a corrector)
- smoothes out my skin
- good primer
- Apply moisturizer before using this powder.
- The brush may be handy for some but I prefer to use my ring finger to apply this correcting powder on my face.
- weird packaging (takes so much time putting on the product if you will use the mirror)
- makes my face too white if used alone
Aside from Creamy Natural, there are three more shades available for Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder. They are Translucent, Buff Beige and Natural Beige.
(screenshot taken from myotcstore.com)