Hi everyone! I have another makeup review for today. This time, it is for my Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural. 😀
Here is the pretty blush filled with hearts! So cute! 😉
(front – lid of the packaging opened)
You can see the different shades of the blush in each heart. When you sweep over your blush brush in the whole pan, it would give you a nice and natural blush color. By the way, there is a very subtle floral fragrance in the product and there is a bit of shimmer in the blush but it is not really obvious when applied. I have used this product for several times already. However, I have not experienced any literal emotional boost of happiness going on. Not a big deal, though.
Product Description (from the Physicians Formula website):
- Ultra-soft and blendable blushing powder features a fresh and vibrant mix of blushing tones infused with a pop of color to create a healthy glow.
- Multi-reflective pearls provide a soft iridescence to highlight contour and add radiance to cheeks.
- Infused with our Happy Boost Blend, featuring Happy Skin and Euphoryl, natural plant extracts which have been shown to promote a feeling of happiness by mimicking the effect of Endorphins and helping protect the skin from environmental stress.
- The sweet scent of Violet provides a feeling of joy each time you apply.
Product Claims (from the Physicians Formula website):
- Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, paraben free, dermatologist approved
Here is a swatch of the Physicians Formula Happy Booster Glow & Mood Boosting Blush in Natural. I swept the pan for several times in order for me to acquire this swatch.
However, when it is blended on the skin, it is not so noticeable anymore. This product is not very pigmented so blush application might take a bit more time to build up the color. As I have mentioned a while ago, there is a bit of shimmer in the product. Don’t worry if you have to apply several times. The shimmer would just give a natural glow on your cheeks.
There is also a mirror and brush included in the packaging when you flip up the blush. For me, I prefer that this product just includes the blush alone. With the inclusion of the mirror and the brush, it makes the packaging thicker which is not ideal to fit in into your makeup kit. Aside from that, the mirror is way too small for use during blush application. The mirror may be handy if you prefer to bring this with you for checking if you need to retouch. Otherwise, it’s not really helpful.
As for the brush, it is another downside of this product. Here is the brush included.
Here is my Charm Essentials Pretty in Pink Vegan Angled Blush Brush for comparison. See the difference in both brushes?
The Physicians Formula brush just won’t do the natural blushing look on your cheeks.
As I have told you in my previous post, I had the chance to buy this product because my friend (Jean) went to the US. I asked her to buy this for me. She bought this blush for US$11.39 (approx. Php497 as of the July 9, 2013 FX Rate).
- Cute powder blush design!!! Very unique! 😀
- True to its shade name, it gives a very natural flush of color on the cheeks.
- Gives a healthy-looking glow on your face
- The product is not heavily pigmented so it would take you several times to apply the blush. It may be a downside for some. As for me, I don’t see anything wrong with that. It is better that you build up the blush color because it is more difficult to lessen it if you had too much of the product.
- Having fragrance in the product is acceptable as long as it won’t have any negative effects on the skin.
- As with the other reviews that I have read, there is no literal emotional boost of happiness when you use this product.
- Weird packaging (the mirror is so small and inconvenient to use)
- Weird brush (you won’t apply your blush correctly if you will use the brush provided)
- Not available locally… 😦
This may not be available in our easily accessible department stores but you may opt to look for local online sellers carrying this product. One online seller I know is Chedelyn’s Cosmetics Collection. I found a photo in their Facebook page wherein I spotted that they are selling this blush (see photo below). If you happen to be in Cebu, they now have a newly opened store outlet in APM Mall (right across SM City Cebu). You may want to check their store.
Aside from Natural, there are other shades of this product as well. They have the Rose, Pink and Warm shades. Refer to the picture below (taken from the Summer Charm website (another local online store)).