Aside from lipstick, the other usual product that we use to give color to our lips is the lip gloss.
Characteristics of lip glosses (source can be found here):
- When worn, lip glosses are more lightweight and moisturizing as compared to lipsticks. It gives that slippery feel and shiny look on the lips.
- Since it gives a slippery and lightweight texture, lip glosses are not long wearing. You have to retouch several times during the day.
- Lip glosses only give a sheer coverage.
As promised in this post, my next makeup review would be the Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo lip glosses. 😀
Product Description (from the Majolica Majorca website):
Rich honey shine and Gloss for plump lips
Here are the shades that I have (PK247 and RS456).
Here are the swatches (refer to the picture below):
- For PK247, it may not be that evident in the swatch but there are tiny glittery particles in the product. But don’t fret if you dislike glittery glosses. They are so small and not really obvious when applied.
- For RS456, there are no glittery particles in the product. The shade is just a solid glossy color.
Here is how each shade looks like on my lips.
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo in PK247
Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo in RS456
Errr… Yeah. They look almost the same for me. For PK247, I have already expected it to look like that on my lips since the shade of the lip gloss is a bit light. In the case of RS456, it was a bit disappointing since the product was not able to achieve the color that you see in the tube when it has been applied on the lips. Nevertheless, I like that they give just a significant natural color.
Colors aside, these lip glosses give a moisturizing effect on the lips. It doesn’t dry out your lips even after it has been removed. It is not long-wearing though (as you will expect on other kinds of lip glosses out there). You will need to retouch after a few hours.
This product is originally priced at Php295. However, I bought PK247 on sale along with the Lash King (as featured here). So, for the two items, I only paid Php794. On the other hand, I got the limited edition shade RS456 as a free gift during the Majolica Majorca The Big Mascara Face Off (as featured here).
As for the packaging, I like that the lip gloss tube is transparent. I could easily choose which shade I want to use. Also, it is not too bulky so you can easily slip it in into your makeup kit. Refer to the picture below to estimate its size.
- makes my lips moisturized
- gives a significant natural color on my lips
- packaging is not too bulky so you can easily slip it in into your makeup kit
- lip gloss tube is transparent (so you can easily determine which shade you want to use)
- need to retouch after a few hours (which is the usual thing for other lip glosses)
- For the shade RS456, it was a bit disappointing that I don’t get to achieve the color seen in the tube.
Refer to the picture below for the other shades of the Majolica Majorca Honey Pump Gloss Neo (picture taken from their Facebook page).
Visit your nearest Majolica Majorca store outlet to give this product a try. 😀
Before I end this review, I have a simple mind boggling question for you… Haha! 😀 What is “RS”?
I know that question is weird but I was really wondering what the shade “RS” could mean. As you can see in the picture above, for the available shades of the Honey Pump Gloss Neo, you could easily determine in its own shade name what color they are. Like “OR” is orange, “PK” is pink, “RD” is red and “BE” is beige. But what is “RS“? I have thought of it first as “Raspberry” but it is not even a color. Haha! 😆 How about “Rose“? Could be? Is there such a color? Hmmm… Interesting… If you ever get to know what that shade is, you are free to give out a comment below. 😀