I never knew about makeup primers until I had my wedding almost two years ago. When I was looking for makeup that I could use for my wedding, I don’t have any idea what I need to get. Well, maybe, just a bit of an idea. Like I need foundation, blush, mascara and lipstick.
When I went over the stall of Majolica Majorca in SM Makati, that was when the saleslady told me that I need to apply a makeup primer before any other makeup product. I was like “Huh? Primer? What’s that?” There goes the Makeup 101 lesson I had at the said department store that day.
To help you understand more how important a makeup primer is, I listed down the benefits that it could give for you (the list below is based on this Inquirer article and this beauty advice from totalbeauty.com):
- If you have oily skin, a makeup primer could be your best friend. It works on minimizing the oiliness in your face.
- Your makeup could be prevented from melting or streaking especially during a hot weather.
- It can serve as a skincare product as well since primers also have SPF (Sun Protection Factor) which can protect your skin from the sun. (This depends on your chosen primer, though. I think not all primers have SPF.)
- The foundation that you will use can easily glide without any traces of streaks since primers could give a velvety, silky finish on your skin.
- Since the foundation could glide easily on your skin and the makeup can be prevented from melting, you will look flawless for longer.
- Noticeable pores could be hidden by a primer.
As of now, there is only one makeup primer that I have tried and that is the Majolica Majorca Skin Lingerie Pore Cover.
Product Description (from the Majolica Majorca website):
A makeup base that thoroughly covers pores for porcelain doll skin.
Since it did a good job in making my makeup last during my wedding, I decided to repurchase this product. Here is a photo of the packaging. It is in a tube so you could easily dispense the product.
This primer has SPF20 and PA+ which can serve as your protection against the UV radiation from the sun. As indicated in this article, SPF protects us from UVB rays that could give us sun burns and skin cancer. On the other hand, PA ranges from + to +++ (least to most amount of protection) that protects us from UVA rays that could result to sunspots, wrinkles and uneven skin tone.
As you can see in the picture below, that is the actual amount of the product that I use for my whole face. A little amount goes a long way.
There is only one shade of this primer and I noticed that it is quite tinted too. So, you have to make sure that you do not apply too much so that your face will not be too white.
After thoroughly blending the product, it seems like you have not placed any primer. However, you will get to feel that the skin with primer is smoother.
This is originally priced at Php695. However, I bought this on sale along with the Cream de Cheek (as featured in my previous post). So, for the two items, I only paid Php845.
I am really satisfied with this product. When I put on makeup in the morning (around 9am), the other face makeup products that I used could still be visibly seen. There is a slight fading though if no retouch has been done.
- affordable (a little amount goes a long way)
- does its job well when it comes to keeping the makeup intact with slight fading if no retouch was done
- has SPF20 and PA+
- my makeup looks more flawless with the use of this primer
- the product could easily be dispensed from the tube
- my face felt smoother after application
Visit your nearest Majolica Majorca store outlet to give this product a try. 😀